Lehrdiplom für Maturitätsschulen
The Master Program Linguistics allows students to apply for admission to the teacher training program (Lehrdiplom für Maturitätsschulen) given the following requirements are met:
Fachwissenschaftliche Voraussetzungen / Academic Requirements:
Students do not have to complete any additional coursework for the teaching subject in question, provided that
- The subject-specific competences of the Bachelor’s Major study program corresponding to the teaching subject are available, e.g. comparable to 60 ECTS credits completed in the BA
- The modules from the MA program are selected in such a way that at least 45 ECTS credits in the field corresponding to the teaching subject are acquired at MA level
- The ECTS obtained in the field of the corresponding teaching subject contain at least 21 ECTS from Literature and 21 ECTS from Linguistics, no matter whether these are on BA or MA level
- The MA thesis has a clear focus on the teaching subject (see Appendix 2)
The details for the fachwissenschaftliche Voraussetzungen are regulated in Anhang 2 of the Studienordnung zum Studiengang "Lehrdiplom für Maturitätsschulen".
Fremdsprachenaufenthalt / Stay Abroad:
Students have to have completed the study abroad requirement (6 months or 26 weeks, with max. 1 interruption). The study abroad stay must be completed before starting with Fachdidaktik.
- For English, it is the module «Language Skills for Teachers» (Nr.) from the module group «Language Skills and Culture» (3 ECTS).
- For French, it is the module «Langue française (C2)» (6 ECTS) from the module group «Compétences langagières et discursives».
- For Spanish, it is the module «Lengua Española (C2)» (6 ECTS) from the module group «Competencias Comunicativas».
- For Italian, it is the module «Lingua italiana (C2)» (3 ECTS) from the module group «Competenze di lingua, cultura e civiltà italiana».
- For Russian, it is the module «Sprachkompetenzprüfung für Lehrdiplom Russisch» (3 ECTS) from the module group «Sprachvertiefung».
For more information specific to the teaching subjects, please see the relevant pages of the individual departments and download the Studienordnung über das «Lehrdiplom für Maturitätsschulen»
Englisches Seminar (for English)
Romanisches Seminar (for French, Italian, Spanish, and Romansh)
Please note that the language of instruction at the Institut für Erziehungswissenschaften (IfE) is German. If German is not your first language, you must be able to prove that you either have the necessary language skills in German or that you are taking German lessons at the time of your application.
Creditability of modules
It is the student's responsibility to ensure that they obtain the necessary credits from the relevant focus area to fulfill the academic requirements for their teaching subject. More detailed information on which modules can be credited to the teaching subject can be obtained from the academic advisors.
The study program coordinators / academic advisors of the individual teaching subjects are listed below. General questions concerning the Lehrdiplom should be directed to the study advisors of the Abteilung Lehrdiplom.
In addition to the in-house modules of the individual teaching subjects, the module "Linguistische Analysekategorien" of the Master Program Linguistics (Module No. 271-528) can be credited to the respective subject.